Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's all Systems GO!

As the title would suggest everything is plugging along well.
I've decided this time not to watch the scales so much but look at the way my body is changing, and it IS changing. I'm exercising 6-7 days a week and eating low fat and low kj meals. I had a bit of a black day yesterday just with a bit of stress and got caught up in it all. I didn't crack though just kept going along.

I always knew this was going to be an uphill battle with the Insulin Resistance playing a part. I have been doing more reading and so has Scott to understand the best ways to manage it. I have to reverse the effects but in doing so, my poor body wants to store more and more which is why it's such a catch 22 scenario with Insulin Resistance.
I work so hard, and I get so frustrated because I don't lose the weight. I don't want to go back to the medication due to side effects from last time but it may be the only option I have.

I did make an interesting discovery yesterday when I was reading an article, and that was I shouldn't be eating cereal as it spikes my blood sugar levels too high. It's a shame, because at work it's an easy option, but I guess I will have to put a bit more thought into it all and work a little harder to plan it out.

I'm not giving in though - I refuse to, I have to do this for me health if nothing else.

I can't help but feel frustrated that it's such a struggle physically, because mentally I'm in the right place.

Lord give me strength...

1 comment:

Katy said...

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch me Lose