Monday, January 26, 2009

The hard work does pay off

Well a loss of 1.3kgs this week for me does mean that hard work pays off. I was ever so good through the week and even kept a food diary of absolutely every little morsel that went in my mouth and it's been so good to be accountable for myself.

I was even careful with my alcohol intake. We went to friends place on Saturday night and I had two vodka cruisers - I was disappointed because I couldn't find the sugar free cruisers so I thought I could enjoy 2 regular ones. We all had some exciting news to share, us with our engagement and them with the call from the real estate agent to say that the offer they had put in on a house that day had been accepted by the owners and when could they come and sign the contract! I also had the opportunity to ask my friend to be my maid of honour, and she was delighted - which made me very happy.

I was back at the gym this morning for an hour of cardio. It felt really good but I was sweating like mad! At least it shows I'm working at it.
I've also found my secret weapon for weight loss. My engagement ring. It's like it has secret powers, because everything I think I'm about to give in, I look down at my finger and I have renewed strength to keep pushing through and resist temptation. I also wear it to the gym, because it's like a constant reminder of what I want to achieve and helps me go that extra 5 mins or so.

So Australia Day today, and I'm at home doing housework. Not very festive, but because we aren't home much through the week, it's my only time to catch up, and there is sheets, towels and clothes - never ending! Scott's at work and it's an excellent opportunity for me to just have some space to do my own thing.

So looking forward to weighing in again next week....

No comments:

Watch me Lose