Woo Hoo! Put your mind to it and it works!
It's been a while since I've posted, and I didn't make my intentions clear straight away because I know that there are many avid WW here and would criticise me for how I lost my weight.
Well I weighed last Tuesday Morning at 108.7, and weighed in this morning at 106.7 that's an exact -2kg loss! Very excited about that.
I know from having successful weight loss before that, for me it's purely about portion size, the amount of carbohydrate consumed and exercise. I essentially threw the WW points guide out the window. The last week I have had no sugar or sweets and have stayed away from high fat food. If I dish out my plate, I start again immediately and reduce the portion to half of what was originally there. I have eaten what I wanted to really but tiny amounts. From anyone that has seriously lost weight and kept it off will tell you that you WILL be hungry. There is no doubt about it. That was the key to what I realised was missing before. I was eating my points and doing the exercise and the weight would barely come off. Reduce what you are putting in and keep doing everything else and presto the weight comes off. I know WW followers would not like my daily eating habits and would pooh pooh the idea saying I don't eat enough and I will retain the weight, but it simply isn't true.
If you want to lose the weight it's hard work and yes I spend many hours thinking about food and not eating it.
I remember my mum telling me how she lost her weight when she was in her early 20s (lots of it) and watching my brother when he was 17-18 lose approx 40kgs and it was simple maths behind it all. The exercised a lot, but ate small amounts of good food. That's the key. I now don't believe I can follow WW again, as I don't believe that eating a handful of biscuits or something is ok. If you want to be serious, just don't eat any junk. I think treating yourself once in a while is different and ok, but I'm talking the odd occasion. I also believe that drinking alcohol won't help you either - full of empty kilojoules and preservatives.
Ok so off my rant now, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to my opinion and it's how I've seen true success for those around me.
So I know now I can do this on my own. I will continue to post my losses and blog, and I understand some of you may not agree with my methodology but in the end we are all here for the same thing.
Till next time...

3 comments:
Ness, you have to do what works for you!! Clearly points wasn't working for you, so it's great that you've decided to try something different.
All those good, wholesome, fresh foods will be great for you!!
Look forward to your updates moving forward, and hope you continue updating.
Like the new look!
Woo hoo - way to go Ness, 2kgs that amazing and I don't care how you did it!!
I have to agree with Katy on this one... YOU NEED TO DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!! Not what works for others as they are not you!!
Crossing fingers to see what week 2 brings...
Well done again. Chat soon,
Jo xx
2kg Ness...that is great
Keep doing what works for you
Cant wait to see what number you pull next week
Post a Comment