Yes Yes, I know a Blog! Whilst you may think I haven't been around, I'm always lurking reading up on someones blog but just not updating my own.
I've been incredibly busy of late with work and Scott and I work very long hours in the office as well as working from home too. It doesn't leave much time for anything else, with the exception of keeping up healthy eating and exercise. I figured that if I had the time to sit and read and blog - better time spent would be at the gym or doing housework.
I am not convinced I've lost any weight this week, while I feel better every day shifting this weight is proving a difficult task.
Like I've said in my past blog, I know what works for me, and I have to stick with that. We were out on Friday night for a birthday dinner at a place I wouldn't have chosen but you have to try new things too. I was a little silly and had 3 glasses of wine and paid for it yesterday with a headache and almost hangover like feeling that lasted all day and saw me in bed at 8.30pm.
I did go to the gym and do housework, but food wise, survived only on a coffee, berrocca, toasted ham and cheese sandwich and a le rice.
Scott has invited some friends over this afternoon for some drinks, which always means a challenge - so I will just have diet tonic water with lime. I absolutely refuse to by "nibblies" so if Scott wants them he will have to go and buy them, because otherwise I will end up buying things I like to eat.
On Friday I had 3 separate people comment on my weight loss. The funniest thing that I heard about myself is that I've had gastric banding! HA, yeah I can't afford that for one thing, but I've done this the hard way with exercise and discipline. Someone I work with has had the procedure, and yes has lost a staggering amount of weight in excess of 45 kgs, but it doesn't mean they have stopped eating crap, they just can't eat the amount they used to. That's when I realised that weight loss has to be a conscious effort to change what you do.
I now only have 1 decent pair of pants to wear to work and they are starting to get a little baggy in the rear now. Every other pair of pants, such as jeans I can pull the pants off without undoing them, they just slip right over my hips. I really should take a pic and post it.
I am reluctant to to buy new clothes 1 - I'm trying to pay for a wedding but 2, I will have to buy more again.
I realised I will need to go shopping for my wedding gown soon. I would love to leave it as long as possible, but then there is a risk of not having it in time before the wedding as it's just after Christmas, so many manufactures close down for 6-8 weeks over that period.
I also need to get an idea of colours and styles for my bridesmaids and also for the theme - which I haven't given a lot of thought to just yet.
Until next time.... I'm off to the gym!

1 comment:
Yay for baggy clothes!!
Post a Comment