Should Sunday be the day of rest? Technically yes, I really feel that I should attempt to be getting to the gym more through the week but working 10-12 hour days is proving to make that a hard task. I would love to be getting to the gym more through the week and having my weekends reserved for things other than hitting the gym.
After having a complete melt down on Friday night after work, due to stress and anxiety and things being dumped on me to fix, I've decided that's got to change. I'm not going to stay back I just have to walk out and show that there is not enough hours in the day for one person to complete the work. I could rant and rave for hours about the problems with management there but given the change I can run that department in the near future, so I should keep my mouth shut.
As I'm sure I've mentioned Scott and I met through work and still both work for the same company, and at times things boil over into our personal lives without us realising. We both report to two different directors and at times there have been conflict as a result.
So this realised we both made a promise to work on our relationship and that work is just a job. We are very much in love, but work can make things challenging and sometimes blurs the things that are real in our life.
Soooo as a result of work being driving us both mad, I haven't been eating properly or at all in some cases. I've had days of missing breakfast, lunch and not eating until dinner, or lunch and nothing else. That's become the norm and it's not good...
I'm starting to feel tired and a bit run down, the gym has felt like hard work, and I'm still recovering from the kidney infection a bit too.
Oooooooohhhhhh yesterday afternoon I decided to go and enjoy a pedicure. I hadn't had one in ages, so it was bliss to have someone tend to my toes, I also had my gel nails reinstated. I felt good walking out of there, and while in my happy mode, I thought I'm feeling good I'm going to try on some clothes, so I toddled up to City Chic in search of new jeans. Since none of my clothes no longer fit and are like tents particularly the pants, I figured lets see what size I am. So I picked up a pair of size 18 jeans, just testing the water and two really nice tops. I tried on the jeans and Oh My God - They looked HOT! I couldn't believe that was me in the mirror reflection staring back jaw on the ground. I had a dilemma, I know that the jeans will be too big again soon, but they looked great now so do I buy them or wait until I'm a 16? Stuff it, I bough the jeans the two tops and went home and waited till Scott got home to show him.
I tried the clothes on, and let's just say he was more than impressed!
I asked him what he thought considering, they were a great fit now, but what about in weeks to come. It was a $220 purchase all up. He said, "the satisfaction and the way you look and feel far out weigh the cost of the clothes anyway, keep them". I knew that Scott was a winner early on when he was always honest when I asked him what he thought of this pair of shoes or those earrings or pants etc so I knew when he said this yesterday, he was being 100% honest with me.
So today I'm feeling good, but realising that everything is too big for me. I don't have any skinny clothes, other than the clothes I just purchased. I've been fat and overweight for so long that I can't remember when I was under 100kgs.
It's funny, when you're fat you don't even justify spending the money on clothes, you are just happy to find something that fits, so you buy it. As you lose weight, you battle with you head on do I buy stuff now, or do I wait a few more weeks before spending money on clothes for everyday, work, gym etc. This becomes expensive in the end. New bras, pants, tops the list is endless.
On another topic, my mum - who is a size 10ish but big breasted like me, asked me if any weight had come off in that area, I realised that no it hadn't yet. I've lost back fat, but no boob fat. Shouldn't it be coming off from there?
Ok, this has been a bigger post that I had originally intended so I'm leaving it there. Next post WI.

1 comment:
New clothes!!! YAY!!!!
Post a Comment