Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stalling-Tuesday 16th June

Yep, My weight loss needs a serious kick in it's big booty! I only had a loss of 700gms this week and I'm disappointed. Yes I lost but I can't see to get below this 20kg mark and it's driving me nuts!

I don't want to become disheartened and lose my battle. Whilst I don't seriously think I would ever regain that weight lost now, I just feel like I can't get over this hump in the road.

Ohh well hopefully I can break that barrier this week...

But I will be in serious trouble if I don't start losing again in time to fit into my wedding dress. I think I'm going to have to reassess what I'm doing and see if I'm doing something wrong.
I'm going the gym around 5 times a week and combining weights and cardio plus careful eating with consideration about how much carbs I'm taking in per day too.

Perhaps my portions have gotten too big again? I didn't think they have because I've gotten used to eating much less but it's possible.
I plan to get to the gym Monday through Friday and hopefully both Saturday and Sunday. I expect I will need a rest day somewhere in here but while I'm still motivated I will keep on until I need it.

We have auditors here at work this week in preparation for end of financial year stuff so it's all been a little stressful considering the balancing act with my account management for my customers and also that I solely look after accounts receivable. My job is never dull that's for sure and there is always something going on and work to be done.
There are many projects I'm working on and finding the time between the day to day stuff plus and crisis's that arise makes even thinking about working on the projects hard. I've been pushing for an additional resource for sometime but it's proving really difficult to get one. It's been 12 months + of asking about a junior or someone who can be skilled up and still nothing. Considering that I will be off for almost 6 weeks in December and January they need to have someone who is completely competent and can do my job in my absence. They have failed to acknowledge this so far and seem to think anyone can come in and do my job.
Sure I love working at least 10 hrs a day most are around 11-12 plus then there is working from home and phone ringing out of hours. NO I do not get paid any overtime for this nor do I get TIL. Can you hear my sarcasm? Why do I do it? I don't have a choice. I actually quite like my job but there needs to be a point where I can walk away and someone else can do my job. I haven't had any more than 4 days off in total since I started here over 3 years ago. It's the longest I can be away for without someone really needing something. So I've always taken days here and there along the way.

Anyway I know stress is a big factor in this and I am responsible for my numbers and budget and profits. I essentially run my own department and have to meet deadlines which means sometimes I can't do things I want and need to do at home like getting to the gym.

Well I feel better actually putting this down and it makes me realise that I do work hard and yes maybe I need to make a little more time for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on Ness you can do it! You are such an inspiration to me and I know you will reach the 20kg's next week.

By the way I also run the Receivables department for my company and whilst I had a junior he left 2 weeks ago and they are not replacing him due to harsh times ahhhh (although even while he was working there was never a day of leave without a phone call, even a text message at a funeral once asking for help). Anyhow keep up the good work, don't despair and keep your eye on that dress!! Go NESS!!!

Watch me Lose