Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wednesday Date night is back

It's not really weight loss related, but sort of considering it involves food.
When Scott and I first started dating we had no choice but to go out. Neither of us were in a position just to hang at the others place. So for almost 6 months we "dated". He picked me up, we went places and some of my fondest memories were just the two of us sitting in his car talking for hours until early morning.
Wednesday night used to be our "date night", as it was the only time in the week we knew we could defiantly have to ourselves without work commitments etc.
It's something we both really looked forward to just having that "us" time. When we moved in together date night was kind of pushed aside for sitting on the lounge and being antisocial and both on our laptops.
NOT last night! Scott picked me up (from my car parked outside our place haha) and we went to a fabulous restaurant on Dee Why beach (5 mins drive from our home) and we had such a wonderful time talking eating good food AND I even had 2 glasses of wine! Shock horror! No not really I used to say Wednesday was my night off and I could do whatever as long as I only did it once a week. So I had been good all week and last night I had what I wanted - only a small quantity but mushroom and spinach risotto, wine and shared a creme brule that was to die for..... I honestly feel no guilt. I was more important about the 2 of us reconnecting and enjoying a moment together than anything else and I wouldn't change a thing. I had plenty of water went to bed and woke up feeling great!
I was straight back to my normal routine this morning and I don't see anything wrong with what I did. I'd rather eat incredibly well 6 out of 7 days and have 1 off to enjoy excellent food, rather than compromising and eating "okay" with 3 rubbishy days.

Whilst Date Night was never about the money, going out, or food, it was about the 2 of us spending that time together no interruptions, we've made a vow that on Wednesday's regardless of where we are, we sit at the dinner table and tv is off, no phones, no Internet while we just have that time together....

I'm sooo in love.... :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

What a fantastic post Ness! Glad you guys are keeping the romance alive and bringing back old routines that work!

Jo said...

Woohoo... don't you dare feel guilty about having one night off..as long as you remain in control!

I am so glad you have your date night back.. isn't it just wonderful to spend some time just the two of you?

Noel and I do, normally an hour every Thursday night as the kids get picked up by a friend and taken to football training (we pick their son up on Tuesday). It's nice, nothing special, but time for the two of us to reconnect, chat and bond without like you say interuptions etc.

Saying that I am lucky as I thing I have all but confirmed a sleep over tomorrow night for the kids to go elsewhere and we may just have to have a dinner date somewhere!!

Take care my friend - you are doing so well and deserve all the happiness that you are feeling.

Jo xx

Watch me Lose