Yep, I got engaged on Friday night!
My gorgeous fiance, (hehe I can now say that), surprised me and planned a trip away and wouldn't tell me anything until Friday morning. So Friday morning, I'm like a kid at Christmas, and wake up and he says "So want to go to Melbourne for the weekend?" Ummm yes please! So I madly pack and and we are on our way to the airport.
After finally checking in at Sydney Airport, we are on our way. He tells me on the plane that we will be staying at Crowne for the weekend - WOO HOO!
We arrive and catch a cab to the hotel, check in and decide to upgrade to a king suite room which has 180 degree views of the city and Southbank.
We then head out to check out somewhere to go for dinner. Scott told me I could chose anywhere I liked. I was feeling nostalgic and decided on going to the restaurant where we went last time, Number 8. We book for 8.30pm and head back to the room where we decide to relax and order a cheese platter and some wine.
After enjoying our yummy cheese and wine it's time to get ready and head for dinner. We get to the restaurant and have a few drinks before our tables ready.
We go all out and order entree, main and share a dessert. We enjoy lovely wine.
I have noticed all through dinner Scott's getting up and going to the bathroom quite regularly - but he has had a few drinks.
Scott said earlier in the night he had wanted to catch the next lot of flame stack dip lay on the hour on Southbank river. I'm pretty keen to go back to he room and take my heels off and it's cold outside but Scott insists that we watch it first. So we head outside and wait and watch them it's spectacular. As soon as it finishes, Scott's very quiet and I notice that he's standing in front of me, and he gets down on one knee and asks me to Marry him!
I'm in shock, I say "Yes of course I will" and he presents me with my beautiful 18 yellow gold 1 carat princess cut solitaire ring! I'm overjoyed and I think we are both crying and hugging.
After lots of hugging and kissing we head back to the room.
I decide it's the most romantic night of my life - and wouldn't change a thing.
We catch up with friends in Lynbrook on Saturday and they take us out for lunch, very nice :)
Sat night we are sooo tired but head to the casino for just 1 drink and ended up staying for a few before trekking back to the room and getting up for an early flight home on Sunday.
Back in Sydney, and we head to his family's place where we were met with crying, laughing, hugs, kisses and a million questions! We celebrate with Champagne and everyone is having a good time.
Today we both head for work and begin telling people - who are overjoyed, as we met at work we are the first couple to meet and marry at work.
I'm on cloud nine.
But seriously, I'm out of excuses now, and realise if I want to look and feel good for my wedding, I'm going to have to pull my socks up and get cracking. NO MORE EXCUSES.

3 comments:
Hey Ness,
Seriously do you know how close your were to me at Lynbrook?? LOL - next time maybe??
I am so happy for you... I was telling Noel last night and he swears we've known each other for years!!
Congrats again and now you have no excuses like you say - so lets get on the right track together and get on with this weight loss caper once and for all!!!!
MWAH & *hugs*
Jo
Congratulations! That is so exciting. An exciting goal to aim for too!
Oh Ness
How absoultely Fantastic
I am so so thrilled..
do we have a date yet?
How long have we got to kick your butt so you feel as wonderful in your dress and i know you will look
lots of questions fill us in :p
Post a Comment