I really don't like where all this work stuff is heading... My company was bought out 100% on the 1st July, something we have know has been coming for the last 5 years as the directors sold 51% and had a transition period of 5 years and now have sold the remaining part of the company.
We are supposed to operating as our own company, but this does not appear to be happening in the least, and well I think we are all a little nervous that what we were told prior to July 1st is not really going to happen. We were assured that our jobs were secure and safe and we wouldn't have to worry about job security but it's becoming clear that as this parent company muscles in that some of our jobs overlap and therefore we may not be required.
This is stressing me out because this is really the last thing I need 6 months out from my wedding with ongoing payments, rent bills etc. Not just that, but to get another job is a little difficult when you say "Oh yeah by the way can I have 6 weeks off?"
I've been here 3 years and had hoped to last until I considered starting a family etc but that may change all of my plans...
This job has been convenient in terms of less than 10 mins from home and has suited my hours (most of the time).
Well I'm due to WI tomorrow morning but now nervous because I know I had big weekend in terms of food and was rather naughty from Thursday to Sunday. But I did go to the gym Friday, twice Saturday and I will be there again tonight but not sure that it will save me this time. I was BAD...
Today is muesli for breakfast + coffee, lunch is last nights leftover roast beef and vegies and dinner is at Scott's parents place so no idea what that will be.
I'm determined to stick to a plan this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment