The scales are going in the right direction so I have to be happy with that!
23 kgs exactly I've lost and I can hardly believe it sometimes...
And well do I have news.......
Okay firstly on Saturday I had my absolute best compliment on my weight, the only thing was it came from myself. "What the?" I hear you asking. Well whilst looking at wedding rings at the mall, I asked Scott if it was okay just to pop into Myer on the way out just to see what they had in terms of sale clothes etc, so off we toddle and it's not the sale clothes that grab my attention, it's the designer stuff with Stella, Wayne Cooper etc.
Then I spot something, I spot the most beautiful Charlie Brown dress that I have ever seen. It's long and I mean longer than I am, a beautiful silk satin blend in a deep chocolate brown bordering on black with sunset orange like flowers that kind of just blend into the dress. I'm in love. I look at the dress and I'm sure the dress is looking back at me...
Scott says's go on try it on! me: "Uhh no, none of the sizes will fit me.." further dialog between Scott and I with him trying to convince me and the Charlie Brown sales assistant appears and I get incredibly nervous. For all of you that have ever walked into a store and had someone look down at you and possibly tell you that "they don't stock anything to fit you", this is humiliating.
Instead she says's you should try it.
me-"Okay".... I reach to the back of the rack and pull at size 16 off the rack.
I wander into the change room muttering it won't fit over my head - peel my clothes off and slip into this dress and OMG - it's fits! Holy Crap!
I wander out and show Scott (and the assistant) who says's immediately "Buy it!"
I must admit that I am in love with the dress perhaps in lust with my dress and decide that I have gift vouchers from my mum from my birthday and also from my 20kg loss achievement therefore only leaving me with a small amount to pay myself AND there is also 15% off.
I finally decide yes I'm going to buy it because we are going to a wedding in September but then I'm thinking what happens if I lose more weight, the dress will be too big.
The sales assistant convinces me at the register! to try on a smaller size...
So off I go with a size 14 and thinking yeah right, as if to my utter disbelief it fits almost perfectly!
I almost cry as I wander out to show everyone. I explain to the sale assistant that I've lost over 20kgs and I can't remember the last time I was able to pick clothes off the rack like a normal person. She congratulates me and I decide I'm very glad I walked into Myer that day.
It's the tiniest bit too small on in the back not that noticeable but I know by the time of the wedding, it will fit absolutely perfectly and not bunch up.
I delightedly purchase my FIRST designer item ever and walk out on cloud nine...
Talking to Scott later he says's "honey you don't realise how much smaller you are than what you think you are. "It's true, I still see myself as a complete fattie. I have realised people don't stare at me anymore but I hadn't quite made the connection.
I suppose I will adjust, but for me I look in the mirror and still see "Fat Ness" and while I'm not where I want to be just yet if I had to stop tomorrow I would be okay.
The dress has given ,me new found hope and inspiration to push further and realise how far I've come and how much further I can go.
Thank you to all of you who read my blog, and those who inspire me with comments and also their own success. Please understand you have driven me along the way.

4 comments:
Well, Ness, I expect a photo of you in this beautiful dress come September!!! It sounds absolutely beautiful!!!
Well done on your loss again this week!
OMG where is the photo, luv?
All I can say is you deserve the feeling you are having and also deserve to feel that way every second of your life.
You have done such a wonderful job... I am really proud of you and proud to know you.
Keep up the great work.....
Ness
I am so pleased for you. I keep the memory of that feeling - so when I feel I am faltering - I I can say nothing tastes as good as what that experience felt.
Wouldlove to see you an update picture of you
Trish
Ness that is so fantastic. You are such an inspiration and I am so glad you bought the dress. I to expect photo's on your blog - well done!
Post a Comment