Monday, November 10, 2008

I have to brag...

I haven't posted in the last few days just due to 1. laziness but 2. being bbbiiiizzzyyyyy! LOL

Friday I had a Team Building Day at work. Now in my mind "Team Building" was let's all stand around and play trust games like fall and catching someone etc etc. How wrong could I have been!! What a Day!!

The Team Building Day had been organised my boss (one of the directors) with a company called Corporate Challenge. So we turn up at a local park (after walking there from work 15 mins away) to find our leaders for the day. We get separated into 3 teams of 4 and are given some tasks to do - just nice icebreakers. We are told that through out the day we will be given clues and that the clues all lead to a briefcase where we will need to put the clues together to open the briefcase with a pin.
So before we can ask anymore questions a load of Harley Davidson's turn up!
We are all told to get on and we will be taken to our next destination. I had reservations I must say, but wasn't given many options as the other girls had all run off to get on the 2 Harley trikes. So I thought what the hell - I'm getting on the back on a Harley - AND I did!

My driver/rider George was a lovely guy originally from the States. He had come out here in the 70's met an Aussie girl and essentially never left! I can tell you as tough as these guys all looked and seemed they were all lovely and friendly to chat with. So we pull up to the first place 15 mins away (at Dubroyd Headland - Manly) from the first location I pull off my helmet and have fabulous helmet hair! We do the challenge and have more photos taken before it's back on the bikes and we are dropped off at Milson's Point under the Harbour Bridge.

We leave the guys here and hop in a water taxi and are taken to the Overseas Passenger terminal. We are given our next lot of instructions with a camera and told to go and complete the task and be at the next location at 11.30am - NO LATER.

My team and I run around madly completely the task having to do some rather "interesting things" before arriving at 100 Market St 11.30am - Podium Level. It's Sydney Tower and we are doing the "Sydney Skywalk!"
For someone that doesn't like heights I wasn't sure how I would handle this but I decided that this was the day of risk taking and no looking back so we suited up ( I think I was in the tightest suit EVER and couldn't even sit down) and it was out for Sydney Skywalk. What an amazing view - check out SydneyTower.com.au/Skywalk
Then that was over before we knew it and we were given our last clues to find the briefcase.
Raced off to Hyde Park and it was located and the winning Team (not ours) opened it.
We thought it would end here when we thanked Corporate Challenge for a great day.

No - my boss says everyone hop in Cabs and head for the Opera House!
At this point it's 1.30pm we are all hungry and tired and imagining running up the steps to the Opera House or something. Nope wrong again!
Our boss has booked us in for Lunch at one of Sydney's most exclusive Restaurants - ARIA owned and run by famous chef Matt Moran.
We dine on sensational food and drink wine before it's time to head back to work. We get on the ferry and all sit back chat and relax before being met by a private bus for a ride back to work.
Get back to work - look at myself in the mirror, I'm sunburnt tired ohhh yeah and a bird pooped in my hair but I'm satisfied!
What an amazing day....

So the moral of the story - don't let your brain run away before you have given it a go!

Loved the incidental exercise (there was lot's of it!) and was pretty good for the rest of the weekend....

3 comments:

Jo said...

OMG Ness, that sounded absolutely fantastic and well done to you for putting 100% into and giving it a go. Great motto too.

You star you.... I am so glad that you had a good day.

MWAH!

Kathiej said...

sounds like you had a ball and to think you almost let yourself miss out

Well done Proud of you

Belle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Who would have thought it of a team building exercise.
Incidental exercise is a wonderful thing isn't it.

Watch me Lose