So maybe I'm not the Christmas Scrooge I thought I was after all. Yesterday I completed most of Christmas shopping with only a couple more bits to get, wrote all my cards and mailed and even organised little Christmas gifts for people at work.
Scott and I even got ourselves a real Christmas tree from the Scouts up the road... And whilst it's got nothing on it yet, it will be the Christmas tree to end all Christmas trees by tonight when it's decorated!
My point about it all, is that I realised how negative I have been about Christmas and how that must make others feel. I don't want to be perceived as a Christmas Grinch or worse... I love seeing the looks on people's faces when they open my gifts that I spent time searching for and seeing that they love it.
I also realised that my negative outlook was rubbing off on Scott, and I don't want him to feel depressed when he perhaps does actually enjoy this time of year.
Brings me to the point that whilst my exercise has been great my food intake hasn't been so great. Nothing overly ridiculous but I know where my limit is and I exceed it.
I also don't want to feel down and sad and starting "EATING MY FEELINGS", I am NOT letting that happen.
I'm going to be good and not over-eat not that I normally have the opportunity this time of year because I don't take any time of work so I'm always busy...
I'm not using Christmas as an excuse to fall off the wagon.

No comments:
Post a Comment