Well, there is no other way of putting it - I really dislike Christmas... I've avoided even thinking about it up until this point but when the majority of the universe celebrates this day there isn't much I can do but be a part of it in some way.
No I'm not an atheist or anything like that, far from it... I was raised a Christian girl, went to Church every Sunday - I even taught Sunday School.
For me this "time" if year is just terrible as I associate it with all the feelings of my father leaving just weeks before Christmas when I was 11.
It sucked to say the least and every year I've done my best to ignore it.
I love buying presents for others - I truly love the feeling I get when they open something they love... I hate the fact that it's so commercialised... I don't and won't have a tree or put up any decorations, I didn't miss it last year but I was living on my own back then anyway. I feel that the true meaning of Christmas has been lost to be honest with you - I love spending time with my family, but I don't "NEED" an occasion to do it.
I also am very aware of overeating at this time of year. I just don't buy into the whole thing. My mum is a health nut so I have no worries about tucking into some oil laden turkey and potato's.
I give away any chocolate that I receive and also don't' drink much (I always end up driving anyway).
I don't' take anytime off at this time of year other than the public holiday's so I have no fear of sitting around overeating and drinking.
I feel lucky that I'm in control this time of year... Well to the best of my ability.

1 comment:
Good luck with avoiding the Christmas "fever" that seems to set in. I'm going to be at home for two weeks which will no doubt be a challenge - but my mother has started WW now so we can inspire each other to get moving and keep up all the hard work!
Post a Comment