Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday 28th September - My most recent doctors visit

This is a nothing special blog, but just to say I've been sick with  a head cold over the weekend and it never even occured to me to look and read some blog update :S What a goose hey?

Oh well, nothing new from me, except I have totally been overeating in the last week and need to pull my head in and focus on the countdown of weeks left until the wedding which I will add is 16 weeks away! That's enough time to make a huge dent on some further weight loss.

Ohhh yeah and that reminds me, I saw my doctor last Tuesday for my normal progress update and we talked about the amount of loose skin I have now and I have been researching plastic surgery in preparation for when it's finally an option. He said to me that without a doubt I would need to have a lower body lift when I reached goal. I unfortunately look like I've had triplets these days and it's awful! I haven't even had a child and I look like I've been to war!
As most of my weight was carried around my middle and thighs I'm being left with this squidgy loose skin that just has started to hang lower and lower with each kilo I lose. It's not good and never going to go back to where it once was. My boobs look like I've nurtured the triplets also, sadly they have gotten worse with the weight loss. I really hate looking at my body in the mirror even though I'm fitter and healthier because I carry around this disgusting loose skin! It make fitting into pants really difficult because where are you suppose to tuck the skin then?
It's started to depress me, but I know this is positive because I'm losing weight after years of absue to my body.
I fantaised when I first started losing weight that when it came to the wedding, I would be going on my honeymoon with a fantastic bikini body and the reality is it's horrendus and I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit right now (which is not good consideirng I am going to the beautiful Whitsunday's for 2 weeks!) .

*Sigh*, ahh well....

2 comments:

Katy said...

That's a positive check-up Ness! I really am seriously considering a tummy tuck at least when I'm at goal. Some say it sounds vain, but honestly, I HATE the saggy tummy. It's not *as* bad around my thighs and arms, but I wouldn't rule them out either.

There is a good post here:
http://tryingtomaintainmymindandsanity.blogspot.com/2009/07/tummy-tuck.html

That might be of interest to you too.

Hard that after so much work and losing weight (and being so fit!) that we're still not happy with our bodies.

Anonymous said...

Hiya

Having the same issue, I can say that it does get better with weights over time. Give it a year or so after your get to where you want to be and then make some decisions.

Hope your head cold gets better soon.

Trish

Watch me Lose