Hello everyone that has been waiting on this, I will start by saying that I actually wrote an entire blog on it Monday night, and my IE crashed and I was too annoyed to start again.
So In the lead up to the Engagement Party, Scott and I spent Saturday moving all the furniture out of our lounge room and off the balcony into the spare room so we could fit in excess of 45 people in our 2 bedroom unit.! Fortunately we have a large unit and there was plenty of space in the end....
After much cleaning, moving, picking up the cake, flowers, helium balloons, booze, soft drinks etc everything was pretty much in order. Saturday night I had a terrible nights sleep due to stress and anxiety in the lead up to Sunday, but all went well. Both my mum and FMIL bought savoury and sweet snacks and they were a hit! We decided on a morning tea only because we didn't want the traditional "night time booze up". It meant that my nieces could come along too which was lovely to see them.
All in all it was good, I was far to anxious and wound up to eat or drink anything, and whilst it all looked very tasty I stay away from temptation, in fact the first time I ate was 8pm that night! It was a full on day....
Monday we had the day off, and started the day by heading to Dee Why Beach for Breakfast. This is a 5 mins car ride for us, or 20 min walk but since it was raining and freezing, we took the car. Must say breakfast was not soo good, too oily and I just couldn't eat it, at least the coffee was nice. We then went a bought ourselves a small commercial coffee machine, grinder and Belaroma beans as our last crappy coffee machine died back before Christmas and we had looked at something cheaper, and decided this was worth the money overall to buy a better one that would last and could do more! So it's sitting on the bench until we have the time to read the manual and work it out - I will point out I was a Barista for Gloria Jeans in my younger days and therefore know a lot about good coffee and also how to make it properly so I do appreciate good coffee and have missed it. I don't want to be spending $3.30/day at work to buy my coffee when I can make an excellent one at home!
We opened all our lovely pressies on Monday Evening and were very surprised and delighted with what we received. I'm heading out today to buy some thank you cards and stamps to send off to everyone who bought us a gift. Well as promised here are the pics you have been waiting for....
Us cutting the cake - apparently the cake was delicious - hazlenut torte
My long time girlfriend and maid of honour Rebecca we have been friends for 25 years!

No comments:
Post a Comment