Thursday, October 23, 2008

Black Day :-(

I really am having a bad day.... I've been sitting here at work, just realising that I've achieved absolutely nothing in my life. I'm 28 and have NOTHING to show for the last 10 years that I've worked other than some debt and a failed marriage behind me.

I guess we are misled as kids with these fairytale books about Prince Charmings etc. None of those women would survive in the real world these days. But these stories all have the "happy ending" - is there really such a thing?

I just look at myself and think mmmm that makes sense why no one would want to be with me, why I've failed at everything in my life. Where is my fairytale?

I said to someone else the other day, there is not a single thing that I like about myself. I hate myself physically and emotionally I'm a wreck more days than I mention. I think I've sometimes lulled myself into a false sense of security with this.

I just can't kid myself and say that everything is going to be ok when none of us can predict the future. Is this what life is going to be like for the next 10 years? 20 years? so on...

3 comments:

Jo said...

Geez Louise - you are having a black day... there are lots of things to be positive about in your life, I am sure of that. Maybe we just need to be like Superman and fight for good not evil... big hugs to you.

Joxx

Kathiej said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

There is a happy ever after you just have to believe in your self and that you deserve that.
Be kind to your self and try to find a positive in everything
Hard to do but you can
Hugs
Kathie

Chris said...

Gee it sounds like you really are having a bad day.

Some people look at achievements differently. To me - there is no one set fairytale. We all have our own ideas of what we want.

I feel like it is an achievement just for me to get through the day. And if get through the day and have managed to stick to my points - even better.

If you are really feeling hatred to yourself and feel worse more often than you feel good, you may need to see your doctor, or a counsellor.

You are right - none of us can predict the future. Not that I am a huge Dr Phil fan but he says one thing that always sticks in my head. "The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour".

I try and think of this when I am thinking about my weight. If I keep doing what I have been doing for the last 15 years I will never change and will always struggle.

Sorry to ramble. I hope you feel better about everything sooner rahter than later.

xx

Watch me Lose