Friday, October 17, 2008

So the Doctor said...

Come back in two weeks and we will increase your dosage again. Other than that he was happy with my progress. He did explain that it will take a while for my body to accept the medication and for me to stop feeling so sick.
He also put things in perspective and said I needed to stop looking just a day or week ahead and think about the bigger picture. He said .5-1kg a week over 6 months to a year is a huge loss and that I need to look at it that way. He also said that .5-1kg is good as a loss for each week and that I should also expect that I may not lose every week and infact it may go up and then drop down.
So that out of the way I feel much better. But I was a little upset when I got home thinking through it all last night and realising what I have done to my body. I could go from being Insulin Resistant one day to Diabetic the next and that scares me beyond belief! There is also fears of Stroke and other things too.... So my health must come first.

Went to dinner at the local pub last night, and tried to be careful what I ordered just a steak (burnt to within inches of it's life!) tiny bit of mash and about 3 vegies but you can't expect much for $6.95 really. But I resisted the urge to have a drink which I was pleased with but then fell down at the end of the night with a magnum icecream... Ahh well I have been so good.

Just need to make sure that I get dinner sorted for tonight. But I do love coming home on Friday's when the cleaner has been... Makes my weekend that much better.

I am determined to get to the gym tonight before they shut though. I haven't had any exercise in 2 days and starting to feel a bit blerugh....

Bring on the weekend!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Seems like we are really in the same boat - BOTH of us have to put our health/weight issues FIRST!! We can do this - I know we can...

Jo xx

Watch me Lose