Thursday, October 30, 2008

Perhaps this will answer a few questions...

I've had quite a few people ask me what the medication is for that I refer to here.
I'm on Diaformin which is used to try and control my Insulin Resistance - something I was diagnosed with around 10 years ago when I was a young adult.
I was young and stupid and didn't stick with taking the medication and over the years things have gotten worse...

I'd suggest that you google it or Wiki Insulin Resistance as I couldn't fit all the info about it on here.

The medication makes me sick, but I'm determined to stick with it. I have a doctors appt this afternoon where the dosage will be increased again so I would expect another week of it not agreeing with me.

I still have the sciatica in my back and it's causing my no end of grief. Due to a serious injury I sustained when I was 10 my back has plagued me with problems. I need to go back to the physio I think and work on some more core strengthening exercises.
But for the moment the Sciatia means that I can't sit still for very long and nor can I sleep well at night - normally lasts around 1-2 weeks.

I did weigh myself this morning and good news - I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. So for 3 weeks in a row I've hovered at the same weight. This is ok because I haven't done any exercise since Sunday ( sunday night the sciatica started).

On a positive note - Scott and I are heading out to a nice romantic dinner on Saturday night in the city on the water at a very nice restaurant. So I'm really looking forward to getting all dressed up and feeling good about myself. :-)

1 comment:

Kathiej said...

I hope the adjustments of the meds help you.
Can or do you see a chiropractor for you siatica?
I did when I was preg and it was marvellous
Have a great day

Watch me Lose