A Big thankyou to everyone that read and commented on my blog yesterday. I cried and then smiled realising that there is light at the end of the tunnel so to speak and that so many of you cared enough to tell me that. I really needed to hear those words. I left work early yesterday ( I still did my 8 hours) and then headed off to the mall where I had a pedicure, my nails done and my hair cut and dyed.
I woke up feeling fabulous this morning and my dark mood has passed for the time being.
I did weigh in and I will say there is something very very wrong. This is why I give up hope. I've been to the gym everyday but yesterday have reduced my carbs down, have been so careful with portions and what I'm eating and nothing is happening. Scott looked at me and said "but you look better to me." And I said "I don't to be honest and nothing has happened on the scales either".
I just find this thing incredibly frustrating and now I really want it to be next Thursday so I can go and talk to my GP about this and the medication I'm on. I know being Insulin Resistant makes thing all that big harder, but this is so painful! I am not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm on the medication and clearly it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing. How can I not be losing? I mean I do everything I'm supposed to be doing. I'm doing an hour of cardio a day! In fact I think I gained and it's been a week and a half. I've had no alcohol or anything! I'm getting a bit nutty about it all.
I'm thinking of getting weighed at the gym in case there is something wrong with my scales.
Lord give me strength not to give and up and keep persisting with this uphill battle.

4 comments:
Hey there Miss N,
Well I am so glad to hear that you have woken up feeling a heaps better this morning... remember to focus on the positives!! We are all here for you please don't forget that!!
MWAH!! Jo xx
Hey Ness
Glad you feel a bit better.
keep up the me time
Do you measure your self?
Alot of times our weight stays the same cause of measurements are shrinking..it can't seem to do both at once.
Also are you eating enough for the amount of exercise you are doing?
Just something to think about
Don't forget the water....my weight wont shift if I don't drink the water
Good luck at the dr
It is frustrating when the scales don't move, especially when you are just starting out. Did you know that stress will make your body hang onto weight even if you are doing everything to make it lose?
You need to chill out. Seriously dude, get out and have some fun.
What did you use to do as a kid but don't do now because you don't want to look silly? Go and look silly!! Go karting or canoeing or just go for a long walk at a beautiful spot or somethign like that. Even go to a playground and play!! (easier to get away with if you take a kid or two)
Have some fun, relax, stick with the plan and those bloody scales HAVE to move soon.
Good luck!
Joanne.
Hey Ness,
Just been reading your blog and totally understand your frustrations!! Been there done that, please hang in there!
Just a suggestion but I lost ZERO weight when on WW the only thing that got my scales moving was by not having any carbs after afternoon tea.
I still had carbs for breakfast, morningtea lunch and afternoon tea but then after that ZERO carbs and wow it made a huge difference the weight FELL off...
I know it seems strange to not have any potaties or rice or pasta with dinner but you do get used to it especially no wits salad season.
Hope this helps
Cath
Post a Comment