Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday 21 August - Almost the weekend!

I'm so glad it's almost the weekend! My Thursday just about fell apart. My dreams of getting to the gym and having a great workout before popping home to cook a nice meal ready for when Scott got home were shattered when I ended up working a 12+ hr day in the office!
I won't even go into the specifics, but here's an idea: Auditors, Others not pulling their workload, those who don't pull their workload taking lots of annual leave right before end of month processing, customer escalations.

Yep, that will sufficiently ruin your day!

Ohh well, as much as I was starving leaving work after 8pm, when lunch was around 1pm and had no snack I desperately wanted something quick and McDonald's was on the way home. It would have been so easy to stop there but I kept on driving and cooked my original meal I had planned which was very quick anyway. No time for a work out after eating I hit the hay but did manage to get up and do a 30 min workout this morning on the cross-trainer burning 500 calories.
So I felt sooo good yesterday not giving into my temptations of wanting a snack (chips) around 3-5pm, did not eat rubbish, and did not eat my feelings (as p*ssed off as I was!)

I'm a little tired but determined to make this a good Friday after fighting back tears yesterday as I got more and more angry. I have to go to Woolworths after work to pick up a muffin mix and some milk buds and egg noodles so I can make some stuff to take to mums tomorrow. Don't misunderstand, mum's a health nut but this is a "Family" get together with all the "extended" (step siblings) in the one place. So I don't really care, I won't eat it I'm not big on cakes etc anyway so I won't be tempted. I will make a few sweet things to take and at least contribute.

I will be honest and say I'm scared that while I feel I have worked hard, that it won't be enough to get me over the hump and I won't lose anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girl

I understand your work predictament, haveing done that last week. Good for you that you did not cave in.

Trish

Katy said...

What a bugger with your work situation. Grrr!! I had people like that where I worked in Mascot. So terribly frustrating, and makes an already long day seem longer.

So very proud of you though, for getting through it and still making good choices!!

Enjoy your weekend, weather is looking nice here and in Sydney!

Jo said...

Hey you stayeed strong.. Maccas is crap anyways and you and I both know that.

You will be fine this week I know it and even if you are not we all know that you have tried and remained on track.. next week may surprise you anyway.

I have a lovely blog award for you over on my blog.. pop by and pick it up!!

Take care - and remember you ARE doing a great job..

Jo xx

Watch me Lose