Friday, August 14, 2009

Looking Frumpy at work - Friday 14th August

I realised last night when I was going out to dinner with Scott to Dee Why Beach to one of our favorite restaurant, that I didn't want to wear what I wore for work, because it looked daggy and frumpy. It made me stop and think that if I feel that way about the way I'm dressing for work then everyone else can probably see it too.
I went through a stage about 2 months ago of always having my hair neatly done and being well groomed and clothes looked okay, and now I just seem to have lost all care.

So this morning I made the effort after jumping on the cross trainer for 20 mins and burning 280 calories I washed my hair, shaved my legs moisturised my body, blow dried my hair, put on some jeans, boots nice top and some great earrings and bangles and now I feel a million bucks. I also realised that I was confident and holding myself better walking around.
So this weekend I'm going to make an effort to pop down to the shops and buy a few more work like things and some new shoes too so I keep up the maintenance.

People do judge you on appearance and if I have any chance of getting any sort of promotion and breaking into the boys club here I'm going to have to work hard. My company is not a corporate look, and that's okay - but I do need to smarten up my act so to speak and make sure that I dress for what I want not what I'm doing right now.

I'm determined to make sure that I'm working out in the mornings at home, and getting to the gym in the afternoons will be an added bonus I guess. Necessary - yes and the more the better.

Ohh and as for dinner, I was very good. I ordered chicken and mushroom risotto only ate half and took the rest home. I did have two well earned glasses of white wine but no dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Ness, I went throught he same thing about 2 months ago (the realissation) - if we feel good about ourselves - it always comes out in the way we present ourselves.

Happy shopping

Trish

Watch me Lose