Thanks to Trish for giving me a swift kick in the rear (you may not have known) because it made me reasess and check what I was doing.
In answer to your question, I don't follow WW point tracking. The only sucessful way that I have lost weight is on my own terms.
I have been a member of WW on and off for years and always lost a little bit and then put it back on, same with stupid fads like no carbs, or TF etc. Why can't I stick with a "program", mainly because I become sooooo obssessed that it consumes my life and everythough about counting points or whether I have been "bad".
The reality was, when I took it upon myself to cut out all the crap - alcohol, sweets of every kind, cheese all of the little allowances that you can have with WW say, it made me truly accountable for my actions. I knew exactly what was going into my body, and I knew that those things just weren't going to help me so I went without. It was only after 6 months I had my first drink of champagne and was tipsy (nah okay I was drunk) on half a glass and realised I could actually do things for myself and I could say no when I needed to.
So the weight I have lost has been attributed to my own decsions, and even the girls at the gym have asked how I have lost the weight because they assumed that I had to be following some sort of "program", when I said it was nothing but right foods (I don't like the word diet) and heaps of exercise they were a little blown away I think.
So do I eat enough? Yeah I eat what I need to. I will of course admit that sometimes I eat too much of something because I like the taste and sometimes I will conciously chose something I know I shouldn't have but I wouldn't do it everyday. In fact it's not often that I will do that.
So my point was that the weight I have lost I have done conciously but without the undue stress I put on myself with following something like WW.
Righteo, so it's Thursday YAY thursday. I did some food shopping last night after work as Scott has been working late shift so I need quick easy meals to cook.
I hoped on the cross trainer again last night and did 40 mins and could not finish the last 5 mins of the program I just couldn't do anymore. That was almost 600 calories burnt in that session. So around 1100 for cardio yesterday. I'm pretty happy with that.
I didn't exercise this morning as I was too sore and tired, so I will head to the gym after work for treadmill and weights.
Food today is B= Museli, coffee x 2,
snack =whatever is in my cupboard
Lunch = chicken and vegie stirfry I froze the other day (no rice or noodle)
Dinner = penne pasta with mushroom, chorizo and baby spinach (such a quick easy meal!)
I will have to post more later, gotta get stuck into work.

1 comment:
Your dinner sounds yummy! What you're doing has been working. I remember your post when you decided to stop WW and follow your own plan, and you've had such success.
Post a Comment